Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Maybe you have been here

We spent a good part of one of our days looking for this restaurant- the Polidor. 
It was well worth it. The service was lovely and the food very good. 
Apparently it has been graced by quite the famous people for instance - Earnest Hemmingway and is actually spotlighted in "Midnight in Paris"
-which I absolutely adored and we saw while we were in Paris. 
It was wonderful coming out of the cinema at the Odeon and be in the very place you had seen on film. 
Magical. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful!

    I know what you mean by spending a good part of your day searching for a particular restaurant. Yesterday I spend a long time searching for Gerard Mulot, and I still hadn't found it! I'm determined to find it tomorrow!

    Wishing you a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture. I could add this sign to my ever-growing "Sign-collection." When I stay in Paris, I walk around the streets taking pics of my favorite boutique and restaurant signs. It is a lot of fun. Have you ever visited "La Salle des Enseignes" (the Sign Room) at Musee Carnavalet? I blogged about it last December. Veronique aka French Girl in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzi,

    Glad that you were able to eventually find the Restaurant and what a lovely sign.
    How neat that you had a lovely meal and dined at a place where famous people had also dined before.

    Happy weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not been there but will have an opportunity in November! I will be checking on your new discoveries before I return.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I"ve not but I love the cute signage. And about seeing the movie while IN Paris. I"m pouting.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've passed it many times but never gone in...
    Must do next pass by!
    merci carolg

    ReplyDelete