Saturday, July 9, 2011

Lets start at the very beginning

Luxembourg gardens on a sunny Monday


Not a bad way to spend the afternoon

This little old lady in the red berèt captured me
I'm sure she has a story to tell





Our little apartment's window and a world of Paris 
beckoning outside. 


Let's start at the very beginning, a very good place to start...
Our first impressions of Paris were -- the Parisians really "get" their own city. 
People were every where in the Park, street, bridges just enjoying their place. 
It was a Monday and the streets were packed, brimming with people enjoying the sun. 
Not a cell phone in sight or a laptop or mobile device, just people talking - sitting face to face, 
enjoying each other. 
Paris you have a lesson for me today and I think I learnt it. 

x

8 comments:

  1. And this is why we love Paris as much as we do~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first image is gorgeous, Suzi!

    We also felt that calm and relaxed enjoyment in Luxembourg Gardens. We were there on a Sunday morning and it felt so peaceful.

    Can't wait for more!

    xo – g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my friend. I must say I shouldnt be but I am a little jealous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the photos you selected for us today. Luxembourg is the primo place for people watching! I laughed at the lady sunning herself with her feet on the grass. I love their obsession with tanning!

    The red beret lady is a prize winner!

    More, more, more!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you go back to the beginning of my blog last year, I talked about my favorite quiet place in Paris and you have shown it here. I love it in all seasons and particularly for its cool breeze and shade trees when Paris is summer-warm. I think that the lady in the red beret knows it too.

    I am excited to see all that you will show us... just breathing it in, mon amie. Merci for the kind, understanding words on my blog today.

    Kindred spirits, indeed,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that photo with the lady in the red hat. We all need to take time out and enjoy just being without all the tech stuff. What is it about that small corner in the Luxembourg Gardens (where the beret lady is) that makes it so calm? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Suzi...well thank you for finding me and your kind comments and that meant that I found you in return!! What is so great is that I am helping my son plan his trip to Paris next year and I was just researching cheap apartments in Paris near the Luxembourg Gardens!! How about that? and here is your post amck bang on time to show him! So cool thank you.

    Veronica
    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete