Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Little Gastronomy

Grilled Figs with Goats cheese

Smoked salmon cured with beetroot and grilled scallops

Pork belly with crisp crackling and celeriac mash


Yes I was treated a little yesterday to a lovely Lunch at the Sofitel Hotel Sydney.
Starters for me were the Figs and Goats cheese, which would have to be one of the nicest things I have eaten.
The 2nd picture is my friend's food which just look like a painted canvas and I couldn't resist.
The Pork was also divine and..I had dessert- peach souflè with white chocolate sauce.
I didn't photograph which is a crime.
I have to admit I am addicted to fine dining. I love to create it and I love to experience it.
Have a peek at the video on the bottom of my blog...more of things to come.
Have wonderful weekends.
x

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes the sofitel is a lovely hotel! It does serve fancy dishes. At first I thought the pork belly was a dessert...the presentation is so elaborate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Brittany, it is an elaborate presentation - it was yummy but I have to say the figs and goats cheese were the best I have had. So simple and yet lovely. I wish I had taken a photo of the dessert. A chose a peach souflè because I would never attempt to make one. :)
    Carol, it was lovely to look at as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm, c'est très beau, et je suis sûr que c'est très bon!
    Bonne journée!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi,

    Glad that you had a taste of fine dinning.
    It looks great and know that it must have tasted great too!
    Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour Suzi,
    Fine dining is ever so nice ~ your fig with goats cheese sound so delish! ~ it would definitely have been my choice.
    I'm so excited you're off to Paris again ~ You deserve it.
    Have a lovely week-end
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gourmet meal! It looks delicious!!! Mmmmh! Xoxo ♥

    Rocio R.

    http://myfashiondolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUMMY!!! Its amazing !!! Love your blog so much !

    ReplyDelete