Monday, May 24, 2010

I've got the Music in me

Music is such an ingrained part of our family - whether it be playing in the background softly or usually quite loudly in three different varieties. Our family has grown up with music, all different sorts and we have been blessed to watch the children choose their own instruments and play their own music. Nothing brings me greater joy than to see two of my children working on a tune and harmonising together. It's not always the case, sometimes there is fierce competition on whose is the loudest ---but still there is music and it makes my heart sing!






image by Sarah-jean

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi,

    Love music in the house too and sounds like our place.
    I remember when we were growing up my Sister and brother used to play duets on the piano and they had to switch places ~ neither wanted to get up and change, hence they broke the leg on the piano stool.

    I hope that you are having a lovely week
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi,

    Lovely post and great photograph (you must be enjoying your new camera!). My husband and I both play piano and have a guitar (gathering dust) that we occasionally strum a few beginner's chords on. Our girls love to dance and sing. They dabble on the piano, but are a little young for formal lessons yet - we're just delighted to see them learning the love of music and beginning to take an interest in playing it too.

    Wishing you a very happy rest of the week with lots of happy melodies in your home,

    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete