Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mission accomplished!

The overall design - minus the picture on the left
The Eiffel blooming
the candles are lit
the flowers are ready and stand on their own

and finishing touches

It's taken me over a week to post this post. I guess with all the time and effort it was all worth it. Our final display! It is hard to believe that a year's efforts are showcased at last. There was a lot of planning and market visits and panicking about the time restraints but it was completed and I was really happy with the results.
We worked for three hours - no less no more and this included conditioning the flowers and the designs. The wired work needed 50 units!
I have finally come to the end of my journey and fulfilled one of my life's dreams which was to become a fully qualified florist. I am now minus the certificates as we don't get those until next year. Still I know I have done it and achieved something for me.
Tomorrow after two weeks break I go back to work in my village florist and you know...I love it. x



4 comments:

  1. Dear Suzi,

    Well done, dear friend.
    I take my hat off to you for all the hard work that you have done.
    Beautiful work and I love the blooming Eiffel Tower and the beautiful tablescape.
    Beat wishes and hope that your weekend is a great one.
    Hugs
    Carolyn xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!
    so glad that you still LOVE it!!!!!!
    can't wait to see you in a year, two years, ten years time... love you flower girl X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations.....Have a great weekend, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi
    Congratulations on achieving your qualifications... You must be quite excited to get your career started.. and the Eiffel blooming is such a lovely and clever idea...

    I once wished I could have a career in floristry... but hayfever.. hahaha... nice to be able to work in a creative field...

    thanks for popping by my way and your lovely comments .. xx Julie

    ReplyDelete