Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Flower post for a flower blog


Keeping things simple
Beautiful! More than a posy bowl!
Isn't she clever!?

I thought it was about time that I wrote once again about my journey with flowers as this was the original intent of this blog. I love the way it has evolved though - I can't seem to help myself blogging my world.
This week I had the pleasure of accompanying one of our senior florists from the shop to the Hilton in Sydney CBD. They are one of our corporate clients and I felt very privileged to be able to add this to my work experience. The work of our senior florist Rachel is wonderful and she just makes it look effortless. It's a far cry from the world of triangular arrangements and posy bowls - although the principles are surprisingly the same. There are a few of my efforts also. In the corporate world things are quite different with uniformity and simplicity with not too much detouring off the plan. I enjoyed flying under the radar and just helping in the wings.

3 comments:

  1. Just lovely, thank you so much for sharing and also your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and loved seeing how you arrange them for your clients.

    many thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments.

    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Martha and tank you also for visiting.
    Carolyn it is fun - I am loving the growth and the process.

    Have great weekends!

    ReplyDelete