Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Post without a picture

Something sweet - the delightful sweetpea - my flower of the moment

Sometimes the memory has to surfice and today was one of those days. I had great intentions of photos galore today but was over run by orders. I am pooped and nothing that a little glass of something won't fix. I had a day at the office today and what a place to work. I love it - being surrounded by flowers. 8 orders later and I was and am still loving it. To say I am being stretched is an understatement. I often look at something I have made and think " Is it ok? Are there enough flowers? Will they love it?" I hope and pray they do. It is hard to know in floristry as orders often come and are send without the sender seeing it. I suppose no news is good news some days but to hear feedback helps. I did get some lovely feedback today. Just as my head was spinning a little at the thought of doing 6 arrangements and the shop a godsend arrived in the shape of one of my Bosses friends - Kathy! Wow what a lovely soul. She just did everything I couldn't or hadn't been able to do and I was blessed. She answered phones, tidied, swept and cut flowers but most of all she gushed over the arrangements and bouquets I had made. She also delivered them which was a great help! I do feel blessed today. Mr Sooz came in to see me too - lovely to see my man in the day. We had a coffee and a chat while I arranged. I really cannot believe that I am doing this - perhaps I should pinch myself.
Tomorrow is College and back to the books. I am looking forward to not learning in a vacuum anymore but actually seeing sense in the madness. It is funerals tomorrow. A part of life and especially for a florist.
Wish I had my camera is I really did like some of the things I made today. It will have to wait for another day.
Hope all of yours were wonderful

9 comments:

  1. oh you little ripper.
    brilliant.
    love the coffee with hog... mister pig? mr sooz sounds a bit girlie - but i have had a beer and 2 glasses of pinot so that could be clouding my judgement, it is certainly playing havoc with my typos - have had a million fixits X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yaay you - Mr Hogg perhaps - not sure will have to come up with a code name. 007 could work. He is so cute!!! Definitely a bond man and I fancy being a bond girl. :) Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love sweet peas, I remember the way they used to grow up a trellis at my parents home.

    Your job must be so lovely working with pretty flowers all day.

    Enjoy your weekend
    Hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Carolyn - yes I feel as though i am pretending sometimes - there is no greater joy than doing what you love and loving what you do.
    Hugs and have a great weekend. Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from SITS. Love the flowers! I will have to come back here for ideas for my wedding next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    Your flower photos are gorgeous!!


    http://erinbassett.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. If could be anything in the world I would be a florist. I have always toyed with that idea. I get so much joy from flower arranging. Maybe some day...

    I look forward to reading more of your blog and seeing pics of your beautiful arrangements.

    Visiting this morning from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! There are few places as pretty as a florist shop.
    Happy SITS Sharefest

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet peas, another flower that I love. Their scent is so lovely.

    Nice that your husband can come and visit with you like that.

    ReplyDelete